Administrative Assistant Full-time Job11 months ago - Management/Adminstration - Lalitpur - 381 views
Established in 1966, The British School Kathmandu provides for over 470 children aged 3 to 18 from approximately 35 countries. The school is oversubscribed and is extremely well regarded in the wider community. The school follows the English National Curriculum through EYFS to Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 leading to Cambridge IGCSE and A Levels at Key Stage 4 & 5. Primary classes follow the National Curriculum for English and Maths alongside the International Primary Curriculum. The School is a member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA) and the Confederation of British International Schools (COBIS).
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Level: Mid Level
No. of Vacancy/s: 1
Job Location: Jhamsikhel
Experience Required:More than 2 years
Professional Skill Required:Proficient In Google Apps And Ms Office Excellent Command In Spoken And Written English
- Hard-working and dedicated to continuous improvement in related department and communicating successes within and outside school
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, school-based staff, governors, parents and external bodies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with others harmoniously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and react to competing demands
- Ability to work to deadlines, applying proactive time management strategies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Telephone answering duties.
- Contacting parents in the event of illness of a child or emergency.
- To assist in any emergency with the care of a child if deemed necessary by supervisory staff
- Ensuring clear lines of communication within the school by informing teachers of any messages taken regarding the children
- Mail to be sorted and distributed daily to the appropriate staff members.
- Filing documents and updating information.
- Maintenance of school registers and keeping daily attendance numbers.
- Assist with the organization and running of school events open afternoons, parents evenings, information evenings
- Cover during absence of Office Managers or other Administrative staff as designated in absence cover sheet
- Recording and maintaining an operations manual which details the way all events are organized.
- Attend training courses deemed necessary by the school management.
- Any other tasks that may be reasonably requested by the HoA from time to time.
- Maintaining and updating the notice boards.
- Providing English/Nepali interpretation at meetings with parents if necessary
- Entering all information and data into the Engage system
- Emailing letters/documents for the Principal, Head of Sections or Teachers via the Principal and circulation information for the Board of Governors through Engage Management System
- Help other administrative staff when needed
An application letter should be included with your completed TBS application form and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post, marked for the attention of The Human Resource Department, The British School, PO Box: 566, Kathmandu, Nepal.