Project Manager Contract Job1 month ago - Education/Engineering - Lamjung - 163 views
White Lotus is developing Hidi Khola Hydro Power project in Lamjung. Hidi Khola Hydro Power project is of 6.82 MW capacity. Required Nepal Government approvals, contract award for Detail Design is already completed and the company is in final stage of Financial closure with Consortium of Nepalese Commercial banks.
Job Level :Senior Level
No. of Vacancy/s :1
Education Level :Master
Experience Required :More than 5 years
Professional Skill Required :Communication Interpersonal Strategic Planning Process Improvement Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Hydropower Engineering having experience of working with or completion of at least one hydropower project. Preferable will be given who have work experience in high head project. (High head project refers to any hydropower project with gross head of more than 400 meters). Preference will be given for MSc. in Construction Engineering/Management
- Should have strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels including technical and managerial level
- Should able to work independently and highly motivated
- Should be a team player with good inter-personal and communication skills and experience in developing and mentoring other staff
- Should have the managerial skill to manage the human resource deployed at the project site
- Should have the capacity to monitor the work being done at the siteand briefly report the progress of the project at site to immediate Supervisor or to the reporting line
The project manager is required to develop and construct HidiKhola Hydropower Project (6.82 MW) located at Lamjung, Province No. 4, Nepal.
- Have to develop an appropriate scope for project component, prepare/review technical and cost proposals, negotiate contracts, develop project management and quality plans, obtain required approvals, and implement the work to the employer’s satisfaction and deliver the project in accordance with the project management and quality plans.
- Communication and coordination with various consultants and ensure that the work is being done at site as per the design and as per the agreements.
- Manage the technical staff and non-technical staff at site, construction professionals and professional staffs in a confident and efficient manner.
- Review the design provided by the Design Consultant and cross-check and provide feedback/input so as to make the design better and cost effective
- Review the design provided by the Design Consultant and ensure that the design are based on the Standard practice that best fits the requirement of Regulatory Authority and as per the Site Condition.
- Provide technical feedback and technical information to the Lenders as well Communicate with Lenders as and when required and requested for.
- Cross verify the bills and recommend for payment of the bills as sent by different Contractors/Suppliers.
- Work and coordinate with Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), Department of Electricity Development (DoED), Nepal Electricity Regulation Commission (NERC), Ministries associated with hydropower projects and other authorities to obtain necessary approvals and procedures.
- Lead the technical and no technical team to execute project on specific time and within budget.
- Investigate the alternate options in the project design/component and recommend to the Executive Director.
- Actively manage the project scope, budget, schedule and program; project communications and documentation and project integration.
Duty Station of the incumbent shall be in Kathmandu with tentatively around 60% of time at Head Office, Kathmandu and remaining atproject site with frequent visits/travel to project site.
Tenure of Service:
The Project Manager’s service will start from October/November 2019 and ending at three months after Commercial Operation Date.
The Project Manager is entitled to other benefits like staff insurance and other benefits like Travelling and Daily Allowances per the company’s HR Policy. The incumbent can also be linked with the Incentive Plan of the company in a milestone basis.
Interested candidates are requested to update their updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org